Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asus Q551LN weird issues

990 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Kaj Darkwind 
#1 ·
Hi. Its been awhile since I posted on here. I recently bought a used Asus Q551LN laptop, and I've been having some strange issues since day 1.

When I put the computer in tablet mode, or close the lid to put the computer to sleep, the mouse acts weird after I open the lid or put it back in desktop mode. The problem isnt apparent right away, but when you do things like try to select items in a dropdown box, it scrolls through them rapidly. The strangest thing is that to fix it I just have to press the windows key and it stops glitching out and works fine until the next time I close the lid or put it in tablet mode.

Another thing thats been happening, which I think is related, is that when the screen times out, or goes to sleep, it wakes itself up after a couple minutes. I can't figure out whats waking it, but it might be the mouse glitching out. I already tried entering a command prompt and typing "powercfg /lastwake", but its not telling me anything. The system event viewer is no help either. If I put the computer in sleep mode with the laptops power button, it wont wake back up... I have to hold down the power button until it shuts off and turn it back on.

So, I've tried almost everything, including doing a fresh install of Windows 10 (re-partitioned and formatted). This laptop came with Windows 8.1, and it was having the same issues there. It looks like Asus no longer supports this laptop, and I'm wondering if my drivers have newer versions and I just cant find them. Asus website is useless, and the drivers they have there don't seem to be current, most are from 2014. Can anyone help me? I'm starting to think I'm going to have to re-sell this laptop and look for something else. I bought it mostly for the dedicated graphics card.

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't figure out how to edit my post, I forgot to mention that this is a 2-in-1 with a touchscreen, Q551LN-BBI706.
I have discovered this problem is related to the number pad. I'm still not sure how to fix it though. This time when re-installing Windows 10 I decided to use a PIN instead of a password. That's how I discovered it, when the computer is restarted or goes to sleep it starts pressing numbers on the number pad, which causes windows to tell me i input a bad password on startup. The strangest part is it stops acting up when I press the windows key, at least until the next time I restart or the pc tries to enter sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.