Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

ASUS K70IC Laptop frequently has full-system freezes

This is a discussion on ASUS K70IC Laptop frequently has full-system freezes within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Since early March of this year, my laptop (ASUS K70IC) has been periodically locking up, which causes the computer to

Old 12-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

Since early March of this year, my laptop (ASUS K70IC) has been periodically locking up, which causes the computer to fail to respond to any input other than a hard reset. It usually unfreezes after a minute or two, but can last up to 5 minutes.

While it freezes, whatever sound was playing is stuttered repeatedly on the sound that the computer froze on.

Whenever the computer returns to normal, the internet connectivity fails and cannot reconnect for up to a minute. The computer also takes far longer than usual to connect to the internet upon startup.

All of my temps are below 65C, and all drivers are up to date. In addition, my battery wear is at 57%, but this problem persists even when the battery is out and the computer is running simply on AC power.

I've run both AVG scans and Avast boot-time and normal scans, along with various hardware diagnostic tools that I've found.

The problem has also persisted even after an OS re-installation.

Any ideas? If it's a hardware problem, how would I go about diagnosing it?

Old 12-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Registered Member

Sorry to bump this, but you guys are pretty much my last chance of finding non-costly help.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

One last time?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
Registered Member

Did you ever find a solution for this? My wife's K70IC is exhibiting exactly the same behavior. What's weird is the CPU shows 100% usage, but no processes appear to be using anywhere near that. We've been through 2 OS reinstalls and it still does it.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Try updating BIOS, but do it in safe mode or by USB boot, to avoid any freezes.

Try Harder!
Learn2day is offline   Reply With Quote