Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asus G73J firewire card ?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  aquest4innocens 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I own an Asus G73J that does NOT have a firewire port. I need a firewire port to import my minidv tapes movies...
Could u please suggest a solution to add a firewire port to my Asus G73J ?

Thank you

#2 · (Edited)
I'm afraid you cannot add a firewire port to that model since it has no expansion-slot for either a PC Card or ExpressCard, and you need to have one of those to add firewire capability to a laptop.

It was manufactured as primarily a high-end gaming laptop & some connectivity options were left out of the specifications list.

#4 ·
I also own the Asus G73Jh. Its blazing fast, I love it. I'm really not much of a gamer and bought this super powerful computer in hopes to use it on the road for audio recording.

I have a Mackie Onyx mixer with firewire output and would really like to figure out a way to pipe that into my G73.

If anyone has an idea of some kind of external device or converter or even a way to open up the PC to install it, it would really bring a lot more functionality to me.

I guess I should of realized this before I bought it, however I'm still thinking there's got to be a way to achieve this with the right attachment for motherboard. I mean it would be very silly for them to of left this important ability out for such a powerful machine.

Anyone know of a fix/converter/work around ?

#5 ·
Just so people know the Asus g73jh has the following interfaces:

USB2.0 (Already read this isn't an option)
Atheroes Ethernet Jack
HDMI in
VGA in
MMC / SD / MS card reader (this, in my opinion should have been a pci express slot!!)

There has to be some way or another to get firewire in to this laptop, I'm determined. Any help or response is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.