Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asus eee pc netbook will not boot from hdd.

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
I have a asus netbook that will not boot from the hdd. I will go to the windows splash screen then just get caught in a loop from the splash screen to the reboot options screen. I have tried installing a known good hdd w/ windows installed and it does the same thing. What could be going on here? When installing the new/good hdd do I need to change settings anywhere in the bios or anything? It will not boot into safemode either. Please help.

#3 ·
If that is Vista or Windows 7 you can tap F8 continuously after pressing the power button until you see a screen with some options the first of which should be "repair Your Computer" and if you choose the "cmd" prompt and type in "chkdsk /r" and then hit "enter" on the keyboard, answer "Y" and "enter" when prompted the computer will have to reboot to do so and then restart. Checkdisk should bring it back to Windows.

#4 ·
I have ran chkdsk on the original hdd and still would not boot that is what prompted me to use my known good hdd and im still getting the same issue. The hdd that ive tried works fine as I can use it perfectly in my other laptop. So it makes me think that something is wrong the mobo or bios maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.