Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

adobe flash player

750 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tomken15 
#1 ·
I have an old compaq presario 1200 laptop the dvds wont play and it won let instal adobe flash player of any version it is also saying sumthng about a sound card if u could point me in the ride right direction as far as who to contact or what to do that would b great

#3 · (Edited)
Leave Driver Genius well alone unless you create a restore point first !

Came across someone on another forum who had used this because she was unsure how to go about downloading/installing drivers and it messed up her system.

If you want to download drivers for your notebook then go to the official site Compaq Presario 1200 Notebook PC series*-* HP Business Support Center there are also links for troubleshooting your laptop as well.

For the sound, go into Device Manager and click on Sound, video and game controllers to expand and there you will see the manufacturer of your device.

I should think quite a few of them are Realtek such as mine and if that is the case, then you can download the driver for that from Realtek your's will probably be the High Definition Audio.

While you're in Device Manager, check for any yellow alerts against any of the sections. You can either uninstall these (leave software box unticked) then reboot and/or use this free drive detect/downloader SlimDrivers DriverUpdate - Update Drivers for Windows 7, XP, and Vista the freebie download is the one on the left.

As for Flash Player, try downloading that in Safe Mode and Networking.

Have you not thought about upgrading to SP 3 ?

Oh, and Welcome to the Forum :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.