Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACER Won't Recognize USB or network

8K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  TheMatt 
#1 ·
My Acer laptop suddenly stopped recognizing usb devices plugged in or my network cable. Running Windows XP.

What procedure should I follow to check out and correct the problem?

#3 ·
Device Manager showed one yellow icon at one of the sound, video, lines. System freezes when I try to troubleshoot that device and many other times. It won't recognized USB devices, network cable and dies when I try to enable the wireless card. I have refreshed the pagefile.sys with no positive effect. I was able to write to my CD drive. CPU usage shows 100% all the time, when I get into task manager all processes show 0%.

#4 ·
bad device is "Conexant AC-LINK Audio" when I disable it I am able to connect to the internet via a network cable or wireless. I am still unable to use the USB ports. I have updated the drivers for these ports and I have downloaded the drive for the Conexant device. The Conexant driver download fails during its install.

#5 ·
Here's more information: Computer is an ACER Travel Mate 4010. If I uninstall the device (Conexant AC-Link Audio). System will re-install on start-up. Even with new drivers it shows up yellow in device manager. Error code is "Code 10." No matter what I cannot get the USB devices to be recognized.

#13 ·
Will changing this battery:

1) Cause me to lose any CMOS info? How to recover
2) Solve my USB and network cable issue?

I am getting to the point of paying for repair service, but if this will do it I can open the box.

Thanks for your continued help. You guys are great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.