Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

acer startup problem

This is a discussion on acer startup problem within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi my acer laptop starts gets to the staring windows stage lags for while then goes through to the troubleshopt

Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi
my acer laptop starts gets to the staring windows stage lags for while then goes through to the troubleshopt stage amd tells me it cant help me what should i try?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Welcome.
Please specify in details the steps taken, windows does not self-diagnose itself.

Try Harder!
Learn2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi
i switch on the computer and the acer logo appears ok then it went to the starting windows stage. after a while the acer logo appears as if it restarted itself. it then went to a black screen with white writing and two options. one is continue windows startup with current settings while the second option was fix wndows startupp which was recomended. i went through both options the first option took me back to the same screen the recommended option scanned for problems and found none. there were then another option where i had to log in to get a series of options. from the options i chose to check memory for errors. reload system to former state amd i restored default factory settings. However that was complete and now when i turn on it saus it is preparing windows setup but a message comes up saying that windows.seven.cant be in installed and it kept testarting continously. but now it just freezes on tje o tje starting setup screen.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

I'm a little confused.. Did you made a system restore to a previous date, or actually used system recovery from the recovery partition? Also, do you get a blue screen, or any specific errors?

Try Harder!
Learn2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
- Hardware Team
- Articles Team
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional (SP1), Windows 8.1 64bit

My System

Restart your computer and try to boot Windows 7 into Safe Mode:

Here is how: Start your computer in safe mode

Choose the first option called "Safe Mode". If Windows successfully starts then reply back.

Intel, NVidia, Xbox One, Android, Gigabyte
Masterchiefxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote