Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Acer Crystal Eye Webcam not found

This is a discussion on Acer Crystal Eye Webcam not found within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an Aspire One AOP531h, whenever I try to open the webcam it says "Camera not found!" I checked

Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have an Aspire One AOP531h, whenever I try to open the webcam it says "Camera not found!" I checked the device manager, and it says that the webcam is working fine. So what do I do? I tried uninstalling/re installing it, but nothing was fixed. Please help me, my friend wants to Skype, but I'm out of a webcam. D:

Old 07-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to samjhon1188

I think your webcam driver is not compatible with your windows.U can re-install your window as well for this problem.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

How to reinstall your ACER WEBCAM
Go to control panel
Go to system protection/click it
Highlight acer and click on configure
Restore system settings and previous versions of files / click “ON”
Click apply and okay .this part must be done first! Even if it is already clicked on .........click apply and or okay

The easiest way to continue the second step is to go to “what is system protection “ and click it.
Windows help and support will open , type in “ previous version” and follow the directions.

Now if that didn’t work. Don’t give up. click acer again until it opens and shows list of files. R ight click on program files . (note) you are looking for an application file titled Acer crystal web cam.
If you don’t see it , type it in the search box .
select a previous date and run the file.
It may warn you not to open it, but make sure it says publisher is microsoft and open/ run it. Your camera should open up immediately if you have gotten to this point.

Right click all application files until you find it. , still not there? Go back to system protection and click on acer again , look for Acer Crystal web cam and open it / program files application file... run it..