Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Acer aspire keeps restarting

This is a discussion on Acer aspire keeps restarting within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, I have problem with my acer aspire 5520G, it keeps restarting every 2/3 seconds.. I cant get in

Old 08-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all,
I have problem with my acer aspire 5520G, it keeps restarting every 2/3 seconds..
I cant get in bios or safe mode or anything, not even start from dvd/cd drive
When it was working i had messages about (hard disk failure is imminent. please backup your hard disk and have it replaced) so i buy new one and wanted to install windows on it, and when i was at 4% it stopped and now all it does is restarting !!!
Please help me if anyone can.
Thanx in advance

and sorry for my bad english

Old 08-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Seems like a busted CPU/GPU to me..
Try to remove the hdd and turn it on to see if it keeps restarting. If yes, dismantle your laptop and clean all the dust from it, also, replace thermal compound if possible.
Next steps are, test a different CPU and reflow job on GPU, or test a different one (if 5520G is the model with external GPU(MXM)).

Try Harder!
Learn2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn2day View Post
Seems like a busted CPU/GPU to me..
Try to remove the hdd and turn it on to see if it keeps restarting. If yes, dismantle your laptop and clean all the dust from it, also, replace thermal compound if possible.
Next steps are, test a different CPU and reflow job on GPU, or test a different one (if 5520G is the model with external GPU(MXM)).
Thanx Learn2day, i will try this and get back to you

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would an Acer Aspire X1800 fit...
Would an Acer Aspire X1800 model fit into a HP Pavilion a000 OR a220a case. (For some strange reason it comes up with both of those models on the case itself.) EDIT: NOTE: Reason for this is I currently have a G210 512MB GPU and need to upgrade, Which is why I'm also buying a new PSU. The Acer...
No1sMature Building 4 10-17-2011 06:07 AM
[SOLVED] BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, ntkrnlpa.exe
Hello, I have a repeated BSOD on our system. I have tried doing searches and troubleshooting on my own and have been unable to find a solution. I have followed the BSOD posting instructions. Thanks in advance for your help · OS - Vista · x86 (32-bit) · What was original installed OS on...
f1sherman BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 09-27-2011 11:12 AM
[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5520-5908 Keeps restarting after being on 30 secs
Okay I installed windows update the other night but apparently the laptop shut off during it(not 100% sure) either way, I went to start it and after being on my home screen for about 30 secs, the screen goes black and it keeps restarting!! I am literally going crazy! Can someone please help?! It...
0CrystaL0 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 30 07-03-2011 09:03 PM
BSOD Help
I'm a bit of a noob, so I hope I did the correctly. I'm running windows 7. 64 bit. This computer has always had Windows7 on it, and it came with the computer. The computer is 1.5 years old and has always done this. Intel(r) Core(tm)2 Quad CPU Q8400@ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz Video Card: Nvidia...
sasarai1987 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 06-15-2011 11:46 PM
Acer Aspire One Notebook Keeps Restarting
I have a acer aspire one notebook and it keeps restarting at start up. I turned it off one day and when i turned it one it would take me to a screen that had options for safe mode, last known good configuration, etc.. and when i choose all of them it starts to boot then a blue screen flashes and it...
trane91 Windows XP Support 5 04-27-2011 12:16 AM