Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

ACER Aspire 7736Z-4088 won't power-on

This is a discussion on ACER Aspire 7736Z-4088 won't power-on within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My ACER Aspire 7736Z-4088 laptop is not powering-on; I just bought a NEW battery few weeks ago and everything was

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

My ACER Aspire 7736Z-4088 laptop is not powering-on; I just bought a NEW battery few weeks ago and everything was working fine, suddenly it powered-off even when the laptop was connected to the AC power.

Now, it won't even power-on, there is no light-on even with AC-power or with a battery/without a battery.

Need help.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF remove all power including the battery then hold down the power button fro 45 seconds then try booting with just the ac adapter

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Michael Kennedy

Are you sure your laptop ac adapter is ok? Please check if your adapter is good. According to your presentation, that seems your laptop charger is broken. You need to replace it with a new one. If you plan to buy one, just enter the following link to your browser:
Acer Aspire 7736Z Series Laptop AC Adapter 90Watt 19V 4.74A Power Supply ChargerBuy.com
Old 07-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
Registered Member

Hi, I you have tried all the other solutions, and it is still not turning on, you will find that the u58 IC chip on your motherboard has blown.
Easy to buy, fairly easy to do yourself.
I have done four laptops with this problem now, all with 100% success.
Should you need further help let me know.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #5
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Your a little late here the thread is over 6 months old so the OP has either fixed the issue or replaced the machine as there has been no further input the thread will be closed but thanks for your suggestion.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread