Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Acer Aspire 5920 Replacement

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 5920 Replacement within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello! After 10 years my acer aspire 5920 is almost dead. I am looking for a new laptop to replace

Old 06-19-2017, 03:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hello!

After 10 years my acer aspire 5920 is almost dead.
I am looking for a new laptop to replace it and I am lost in the market...

I loved everything on acer aspire 5920, mainly its speed, design, screen quality.

Speed is extra important for me, I need fast multitasking!
I do simple things, but often 4-5 applications run simultaneously. e.g. internet browsing, office programs, maxqda...

Not so much video and foto processing, or video games.
But of course to be able to watch a movie in high quality is also important for me!

any suggestions - as computers are not really my field?

thanks!
marian8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2017, 07:30 AM   #2
Hardware Tech Team
Networking Team |Tech

OS: W10P32, W8P32; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 4.4.2

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16834315779

?

SpywareDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

what is your budget for the new laptop? are you looking for another acer laptop?

what to look for cpu speed, how much memory, storage like hard drive and ssd drive, dvd-rom drive, screen size. some have dolby surround sound etc good for watching films.

goto the acer website see what deals they have on.
some laptops that will do the job
Aspire F 17 Notebook
Aspire F 15 Notebook
Aspire E 17 Notebook
steve32mids is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thermal compound replacement Acer Aspire 5600
Hello guys, So I'm gonna change the thermal compound on my Acer Aspire, bought everything but I halted on some questions that arised in my head so I'll ask them here :) So here are some pics of my laptop; I've numbered the things that concern me: 1 - I've got no idea what that is tbh. It...
Polo12 Laptop Support 1 01-24-2014 09:16 AM
[SOLVED] ACER ASPIRE 7741Z CONTINUAL FREEZING--PLS. HELP!
Hi Fellow Tech Heads: I have an Acer Aspire 7741z-4633 laptop with a continual freezing/hanging problem and could use some inspiration here. I've been fixing computers for 25 years+ and am quite experienced. This laptop belongs to a very important new client of mine and I'm really having a...
BIGBEARJEDI Laptop Support 8 01-22-2013 03:24 PM
Acer Aspire 5920 - Won't recognize HDD
Hello, after posting my problem with the laptop a couple of months ago (black screen, no bios etc.), I decided to send it in for repair, making use of the insurance. Before doing that I took out the HDD to avoid losing important files. Well, yesterday, after more than two months, I was finally...
Luminarc Laptop Support 2 09-14-2011 02:36 AM
Acer Aspire 5920
I've a very strange issue with my laptop...at the moment my battery is gone and needs replacing however regardless of this the laptop take three (always only 3) goes at boot...when i press the power button is initiates a boot but fails and then on the third attempt it boots normal but then i get...
sligo_guy Laptop Support 1 08-09-2011 06:32 PM
Acer Aspire 5920 Power Issue
I have an Acer Aspire 5920 running Windows 7 Professional. Recently I have been experiencing issues with the power jack being unable to recognize the power cord being plugged in. I have been able to take apart the laptop and temporarily fix the power jack the past couple times it has happened. This...
cottrell.58 Laptop Support 1 02-16-2011 04:19 AM