I have an Acer aspire 5745, which is not turning on at all.
It happened yesterday when i turned it on it started well and good and suddenly with a sound of a click, it turned off. i m unable to get it to start since then.
And now when I press power button, the power button LED turns on and turns off after one sec. I can hear the sound of DVD drive. But the fan stays still. Help!!!
Things I tried.
1. Checked the Battery and AC Adapter in other laptop its working fine. Also pressed the power button for 45 seconds with adapter and battery disconnected. no luck!!!
2. Reseated the ram.
3. Removed the HDD, all usb cords and DVD and then started to get at least error msg, but nothin.
4. Started it with only AC Adapter once and once with only battery.
Guys pls help me, I think the motherboard's fried. I attached the picture of my mainboard. Pls see if the pointed part is looking like its fried.
i came to know the mainboard itself costs around $300. I dont have that much. help pls.
If that fried part causing the problem, then is there any way to like bypass or skip it???