Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Acer Aspire 5742 gets hot shuts down

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 5742 gets hot shuts down within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I have Acer Aspire 5742 Laptop out warranty use it on a cooling pad, with fan behind it, clean

Old 09-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi I have Acer Aspire 5742 Laptop out warranty use it on a cooling pad, with fan behind it, clean fan area and keep area around it clear to allow air flow. I don't have lot offline games installed, use laptop for Facebook and realm of empire FB game, use office, and other software for study work

Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Is the laptop fan working?

It may be time to disassemble the laptop and give the fan a good cleaning.

You should also remove the heatsink and clean/reapply a fresh application of thermal paste.

If this is not something you are comfortable with then it may be time to take the laptop to a local repair shop.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Acer Aspire 5742 stuck in restart loop
Hello, I came home last night and my laptop (Acer Aspire 5742) was making weird noises, I opened the lid and it was just continuously restarting. It would get to the initial screen that reads "ACER" and and has the F2 option but after 5 seconds MAX it shuts down and restarts. Continuously. ...
shamilt4 Laptop Support 4 07-26-2014 09:57 PM
Acer Aspire 5742 - good for beginners
I was looking for a laptop with minimum requirements from Acer and then i came across Acer Aspire 5742 from Latest Technology News Cell Phone Laptop and Tech Future Technology, it is packed with minimum features which is good for beginners. They helped me a lot in finding one.
anubseo Laptop Support 1 06-29-2011 11:04 AM
BSOD Help
I'm a bit of a noob, so I hope I did the correctly. I'm running windows 7. 64 bit. This computer has always had Windows7 on it, and it came with the computer. The computer is 1.5 years old and has always done this. Intel(r) Core(tm)2 Quad CPU Q8400@ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz Video Card: Nvidia...
sasarai1987 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 06-15-2011 11:46 PM
Acer Aspire 5742 keyboard
Hi there, hope i've posted this in the right forum section. I have an acer aspie 5742 laptop which has had an accidental and unfortunate collision with a cup of tea. I've managed to get the keyboard sort of working again but several keys are totally b******s up. I was looking for a replacement...
reeterry Other Hardware Support 2 03-25-2011 08:07 AM
Acer Aspire 5742 won't charge... sometimes.
Hello, I purchased an Acer Aspire 5742-7120 on 1/17/11. The laptop worked perfectly for the first two weeks of use. After those two weeks, I noticed that the laptop would no longer charge while plugged in. I made sure my connections were secure, I tried multiple outlets, and I performed a...
dumbhoe Laptop Support 1 02-10-2011 08:21 PM