Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Acer Aspire 5560 - Phoenix CRISIS Recovery ?

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 5560 - Phoenix CRISIS Recovery ? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I need help attempting to fix my Acer Aspire 5560 notebook before sending it back under warranty. I attempted to

Old 09-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

I need help attempting to fix my Acer Aspire 5560 notebook before sending it back under warranty. I attempted to run a BIOS update from the ACER support page - the Windows installer/flasher. During the flashing period, the laptop experienced a BSOD. After this, the computer would not boot. Black screen, but power lights will come on.

I have slowly figured out that I have to use what seems to be a Phoenix CRISIS Recovery Disk. I have seen others do this for other Acer laptops, but need to do this for mine. Any help is appreciated. If we can't get it working I will send it in - but I'd rather get this working sooner than later.

Thank you

Old 09-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
- Hardware Team
- Articles Team
- Microsoft Support

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional (SP1), Windows 8.1 64bit

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

If you used the wrong BIOS update then the computer is dead. Only Warranty can fix it now.

Intel, NVidia, Xbox One, Android, Gigabyte
Masterchiefxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hello. The wrong BIOS was not used. The correct BIOS was used. There is a Phoenix CRISIS Recovery that is used to fix a corrupt Phoenix BIOS. I don't mind sending this in, but I would like to attempt this before doing so.

What I essentially need help with is finding the correct Phoenix CRISIS Recovery software/files for this model. Also, I need to be sure of the correct technique (Fn+Esc while powering up?) and whether or not I need to do anything else such as using an external keyboard or monitor. If I try this and it doesn't work, then I'll box it up and send it in. Also, technically the BIOS is located on a chip that can be replaced, but I wouldn't bother with that.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
- Hardware Team
- Articles Team
- Microsoft Support

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional (SP1), Windows 8.1 64bit

My System

You could take a look at this: Phoenix BIOS Recovery Phoenix Crisis Recovery mode

I don't understand why you don't send it to HP anyways. Your going to to send it to them anyways. They will fix it for free.
Intel, NVidia, Xbox One, Android, Gigabyte
Masterchiefxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote