Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Acer Aspire 5536 Dead?

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 5536 Dead? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, Recently got given a broken Acer Aspire 5536, it's a pretty decent spec laptop but it seems that

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys,

Recently got given a broken Acer Aspire 5536, it's a pretty decent spec laptop but it seems that it doesn't work, the motherboard was broken, I purchased a new one, put it in my case, wired it all up, but the battery in and charger.

I turn it on, fans spin up for about 4 seconds, then everything just stops, and all the lights around the power button are still on, along with this there is a yellow battery light when the battery is in the laptop.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Old 02-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting

Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Registered Member

Done all that, apart from replacing CPU, I happen to have my old one still here (Hoping it still works, I will swap and try it all again.

I'm fearing it's the mobo:/
Old 02-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

It could be, if bought used you could have a D.O.A. It would be time to contact the seller for reparation.
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

Yeah, I just tried it with another CPU, I think I'll have to send it back then. Pain....
Old 02-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the seller can get you a new part or refund quickly and painlessly.

Closed Thread