Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer Aspire 5534 Battery Issues

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GZ 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 5534 that is currently giving me some issues. The HDD failed a few weeks ago and I had to order a new one. I installed Windows 7 Home Premium and saw that the battery meter has indicated a 78% charge, Plugged in, Not Charging. I've uninstalled the ACPI in device manager, Rebooted and let Windows reinstall the driver. No luck.

I've also noticed that the computer will not run unless the AC Adapter is plugged in and the laptop will improperly shutdown immediately after removing the power cable. My first assumption is that the battery is dead and I'm in need of a new one. I just want some verification before I make my purchase.

#3 ·
Thanks Joeten for your response, but my concern is not what percentage it stops charging. The laptop is less than a year old so it shouldn't be depleted that much.

My main concern consists of the laptop shutting down improperly when the power cable is unplugged. It won't even start up without the power cable. I'm almost positive it's time for a new one, but I just need some verification.

Also, I have to throw in that during the process of ordering a HDD, the laptop was sitting around for about a month. I didn't bother charging it. Could this be a factor?

#4 ·
Hello jrodri1018,

When the computer shuts down, does it just POOF it's off?

#6 ·
It would seem as though your battery is not providing enough voltage to keep the computer on. There could be a corruption in the battery controller or, more likely, there is a connection issue on the + or - terminal of the battery.

Check your laptop and your battery to make sure all of the terminals and contacts are in place and not bent or broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.