Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Acer Aspire 5332 problem

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 5332 problem within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, I'd be really grateful for some help. I use the internet a lot, but I don't know much technical

Old 08-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey, I'd be really grateful for some help. I use the internet a lot, but I don't know much technical with computers.

So I've had this Acer Aspire 5332 for about two and half years, had some little problems but generally it's been alright despite the fact it hasn't been treated amazingly due to my clumsiness.

A couple of weeks back, without me doing anything unusual, the screen went dark. Not totally blank, it appears that way at first, but if you shine a light on it you can see that the backlight just isn't on. I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Del, and that fixed it. It happened a couple more times, and I had to restart. But then it stopped, and the laptop was fine, until yesterday when the laptop simply wouldn't keep the light on for more than about thirty seconds, no matter what I tried. Then it was working fine again, for a couple of days, today it was dodgey earlier but now ok, I assume the problem with reoccure. I've tried updating some drivers, but I'm not sure if I did them all.

I'd be very thankful for any advice! Thanks.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

I would suspect that you have a failing inverter or backlight (CCFL bulb needs replacing)

Old 08-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinu1der2 View Post
I would suspect that you have a failing inverter or backlight (CCFL bulb needs replacing)
Thanks, is this something I can order the parts for and repair myself, or do I need professional help?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #4
Hardware Tech Team

My System

I would suggest that you replace the Inverter first.

The Inverter is inexpensive and easy to replace. This is something that can be ordered and replaced.

The backlight is harder to replace as it requires disassembling the display and if not careful can damage the screen.

How to replace CCFL backlight bulb in a laptop screen >> Inside my laptop

See the link below for an idea of what it is like to replace the bulb and then you

can decide whether you prefer a shop or just replace the screen itself
Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinu1der2 View Post
I would suggest that you replace the Inverter first.

The Inverter is inexpensive and easy to replace. This is something that can be ordered and replaced.

The backlight is harder to replace as it requires disassembling the display and if not careful can damage the screen.

How to replace CCFL backlight bulb in a laptop screen >> Inside my laptop

See the link below for an idea of what it is like to replace the bulb and then you

can decide whether you prefer a shop or just replace the screen itself
Cheers, I've ordered the inverter, I'll just have to hope that works.