Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Acer Aspire 4250 Wireless Card not showing after OS Upgrade.

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 4250 Wireless Card not showing after OS Upgrade. within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all! I recently bought a Acer Aspire 4250 and upgraded the OS from Windows 7 Home Premium to Pro,

Old 12-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all!

I recently bought a Acer Aspire 4250 and upgraded the OS from Windows 7 Home Premium to Pro, and now the wireless card is not working. Is not showing in device manager, not even after installing the driver from Acer website. Have anybody experience this before.

I also re-installed home premium and still no go. Does any body have any idea?

As far as I know it should be displayed in Device Manager even without the driver right?

Old 12-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Hello erikfig and welcome to TSF,

Did the wireless adapter work when you first used the computer?

Are there any "unknown devices" in device manager?
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
GZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Wireless Card Detected, But No Internet in 2nd PCI Slot
Hello there, Hope this is the right forum. I have an interesting problem, though quite frustrating. I've found that my wireless card does not access internet in the "2nd" pci slot. After much perusing of forum threads, I've tried many things before posting and will list all my attempts...
SaigoChan Cabling and Network Cards 6 09-05-2012 04:19 PM
Acer Aspire Wireless Connection
My son's Acer Aspire 5517 laptop loses it's wireless connection about every 15 minutes. We use a Belkin G Router, but non of our other computers (HP's and Dells) have this problem. Can anyone offer some guidance?
jimlyn4 Laptop Support 1 05-19-2011 09:09 AM
Acer 4710z support query
I am using acer 4710z notebook. I want to know whether it will support any TV Tuner Card (type LCD or others) which can be used to view DTH service. My configuration is Acer Aspire 4710 Series Notebook Detailed Technical Specifications: Processor Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile processor...
mdhar1 Other Hardware Support 1 01-11-2011 06:33 AM
Wireless issue - acer aspire 5920
This thread comes up high in search results, but low in helpfulness. The PDF file linked, which is the dream file un-mentioned anywhere else, tells how to activate Wireless without the button, which is really useful when the button is broken. Too bad it's now protected by a login screen. My...
TomMBILF Networking Support 1 01-06-2011 12:15 PM