Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Acer Aspire 3050, Won't Turn On

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 3050, Won't Turn On within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I have an Aspire 3050 that will be 2 years old in June and it will not power

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,
I have an Aspire 3050 that will be 2 years old in June and it will not power on. I have replaced the charger and the battery to no avail. Have also tried the "power reset" from the Acer site. I get no lights at all. Any clues on what could be the issue.

Thanks so much in advance
Pop Rocks

Old 02-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

When plugged in AC and you press power ON button, do any of the LEDs light up? When using battery.. is the battery charged? If adapter and battery are both good and working, first check the power on button/switch. Some laptops have this on a separate circuit board attached to the mobo via a ribbon cable while others directly on the motherboard.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:56 AM   #3
Registered Member

I get absolutley no lights on at all. When I got the new battery it worked for about 10min. (must have been all the charge the battery had in it). And then died. Left it plugged in over night with new battery and new charger and nothing happens. Could it be something with the port for the charger? It just seems like that is the most obvious thing, since it worked right when I put the new battery on.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

Basically here are the things to check:
  1. Wall outlet
  2. Output of AC adapter (charger)
  3. Power On button connections
  4. Battery terminals.

On a good laptop that is plugged to the wall outlet battery LED would light up even if the laptop is OFF. This is proof that power is getting into the laptop. Also some laptops have LEDs on their DC jack connections that light up when an ac adapter is plugged in. If you have these but you cannot get it to boot then you need to check the Power ON button.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:41 AM   #5
Registered Member

hi there, though this might come a little late...

I had the same: no power led, nothing..

when I looked in to the power connector (on the 3050), I found a tiny peace of metal, wich looked kind of clowdy.

simply took a srewdriver and scrubbed the localised corrosion off, voilà!

3050 online again, this took me 5 minutes

maybe ... it will work for you too...