Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Acer Apire One Netbook Black screen

This is a discussion on Acer Apire One Netbook Black screen within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Alright so here is the deal I have an Acer Aspire One Netbook, that a while ago when I started

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Exclamation

Alright so here is the deal I have an Acer Aspire One Netbook, that a while ago
when I started it would have a black screen. The back light was on as if the
monitor was on yet there was no video. well anyway after some searching I
found if I close the lid right after I press the power button to boot, it will show
the screen after a second or two of being closed.

This worked for a while, but now, this doesn't even work it takes constant reboots and if I am lucky I can get it to work so I can do my college work.
============================================

Additional Details
==================
I have had the charger port re-attached after it broke off.
its quite a few years old.
have had to wipe it twice due to some file errors.
I perform constant maintenance on software and hardware so it cannot be a virus.
I'm aware of a fault in the manufacturing where it not only can overheat very quickly, that if the speakers are on full all the time it will fry the CPU.
I have 1.6 GHz single core processor and 0.99 GB of RAM

Thank you for any replies

Old 06-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Hello msandusky001 and welcome to TSF,

Grab yourself a flashlight and turn the computer on. Once it is running, turn the flashlight on and put the business end right up against the screen. Look closely in the lights halo... Do you see an image being shown on the screen?

Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
Registered Member

Exclamation

Sorry it took so long to get back... restarted my laptop like 30 times. Finally got the screen up and I'm writing this post with it. the laptop is overheated very bad and using ice bag to cool it down.

Regarding the flashlight, it did not work. the lcd is on but shows a black image similar to when it starts up. Not only that, but if I wait a somethin ough 20 seconds I hear the windows theme letting me know the os has loaded.

it works right now but as soon as i shut it off the screen is black on startup(LCD is still working but no image) tried everything and the only thing that seems to work is rebooting many times.
ANY IDEAS??
Old 06-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

That was the whole point in the flashlight excersise, you should see a faint image of the desktop. That means that the computer is running and the display is working. Only the backlight is not.

You need to take care of the overheating before any other change. Ice is not a good idea, water and electricity do not mix well.
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
Registered Member

I shoulda reworded my post lmao its a gel bag for laptops that prevents condensation. Saying ice made me sound like a *******. regardless if i put the computer in standby and then turn it on the image always pops up, but soon as I shutdown the laptop black screens, so the backlight is on but there is no image now what>????? I hate acer netbooks cheap @ss computer lol I'm thinking the heat may have caused this though I'm not sure. literally takes 3 minutes maybe not even that before I have to get a gel bag, the fan is working but doesn't work I guess $489 was the problem you get what you pay for :D...*Sigh*