Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

acer 5741 charging problem

10K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  unaib 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have an acer aspire 5741 which i bought 5 months back. The problem started a week back and has got worse. It is when i plug the cord for charging on laptop, the blue light on power button and amber charging light would start to flash and the charging would stop. However, if i move the cord in the dc jack at certain angle it would start to charge but recently it has stopped doing so too. The battery is fine and giving 2.3 hrs. I tried removing the battery and start with ac power but would turn off if the dc cord moves. I tried draining suggestef by acer but it didnot work... Please reply me with the solution as acer have been slow to respond and i need the laptop to complete my assignments

Secondly, i bought my laptop from pakistan, would i be able to claim warranty in u.k ? I have the intergnational warranty passport of acer n the warranty card from vendor whom i purchased my laptop from.

Thanks & regards
Unaib

#3 ·
Acer customer service

Hello,

I have an Acer aspire 5741 which i purchased in September 2010. It developed a problem that its power, battery LED would start to blink and would stop charging. I contacted Acer and sent it to them and yesterday I got a message on status of repair saying "Awaiting customer approval" I called them and they said it there is a problem with the D/c jack connecting the motherboard and it is bent and the motherboard needs to be changed. I am so pissed off now as they sent me a bill of £197 to get it repaired.

I have no clue what they are doing. I have kept the laptop in best possible shape, never dropped it , no scratch on it. I argued with them as it is an internal fault it should come under warranty but they are not agreeing to it. I would request fellow members to give me solutions on what I should do, I am a student and all my work has been stuck because of it. Seriously Acer sucks big time. Won't recomment to anyone. Pathetic company pathetic service !!!

Please give me solutions about the best course of action. Should I contact their head office, if so can anybody give relevant email or postal address of a top level personnel withing Acer.

#4 ·
acer aspire 5741 charging issue

Hello,
I have an Acer aspire 5741. Just got it back from Acer as I claimed the warranty on it. The original problem that it wasnt charging and the power led and charging led were blinking. First Acer refused to repair it and asked cash for a replacement of motherboard, though writing letters to their CEO, country manager did the trick and they sent it back to me after repair.

Now the problem is, as soon as it came back, I plugged it in so it could charge. But after 5 to 10 minutes the charging light stared blinking. The laptop also didnot boot up. the power led would come on for a second and woud not turn on. Morweover, there was some strange sound coming from the laptop and the charging light started blinking again. I turned off the charger, but the power light kept on blinking. Then I took out the battery and placed it back. It seemed to charge like normal for 10 minutes then the charging led started to blink. Then after 10 mins it started to charge normally but again after 10 mins or so the charging led started to blink.

Can anyone help me with the issue as I only just got it back from Acer.

#5 ·
Hello unaib,

Please make only one thread per issue. Posting multiple threads on the same issue clutters up the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.