Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

6 cell vs. 12 cell battery

This is a discussion on 6 cell vs. 12 cell battery within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I know it depends a lot on that processor, etc. that you have, but generally, with pretty much normal use,

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

I know it depends a lot on that processor, etc. that you have, but generally, with pretty much normal use, on average, how long would a 6 cell and a 12 cell lithium ion battery last?

Old 06-24-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Actually it depends all on the computer hardware and how it's used. I've seen 6 cells go for an hour and a half, and others last for 5. IMO a 6 cell shouldn't last less than an hour and a half to two hours.

v0709 | Intel Prescott 3.2ghz | 2gb Corsair XMS DDR2-800 PC2-6400 | Sparkle Power 550w PSU | ATI All-In-Wonder X600 Pro | Sound Blaster Audigy 4 | CoolerMaster Aluminum Case | WD Raptor 76gb 10K RPM SATA HDD |ASUS CD/DVD RW Combo Drive | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy Combo Drive | Coolermaster Copper Heatsink
Old 06-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to TheMatt

The 12 cell should go for at least 2.5 hours minimum, but don't be surprised if the 6 cell only lasts for a little over an hour. If it is a very low power laptop, those values could be double.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
will SONY VAIO WORK WITHOUT BATTERY?
HI, a friend of mine just gave me a Sony Vaio PCG-F390, And it is completly dead, no power, no lights, no sound, NADA ! . I also dont have a battery for it. I do have the ac adapter and have tested it with a meter and it does have power. But when i plug it in to the laptop nothing happens. I have...
makin Laptop Support 2 07-30-2010 07:08 AM
Having problem with battery
I have a hp pavilion ze4540us. I just got a battery for it off eBay (lithium-ion). When I received the battery there was no charge on it. When I first started charging it, it stopped charging several times and I had to pull the battery out and then put it back in to get it to continue charging. ...
NessaLea Laptop Support 3 03-28-2006 02:02 PM
Armada m300 smart battery reset
I bought this really cool Compaq Armada m300 laptop, which, naturally, had a non-working battery. But after a bit of research it seemed that I could refurbish the battery myself. I refitted the battery with 4 new LG18650 2400mAh cells, plugged it in, and.. nothing. But when I press the test...
nio Laptop Support 1 01-23-2006 12:36 PM
IBM Thinkpad R40 Battery Problem
Hi, I have a IBM Thinkpad R40, bought it last year, and ran out of it's 1 year warranty in March of this year, never had a problem with it until now. Yesterday, I decided to upgrade the drivers/apps from IBM, by installing the Thinkvantage Software Installer. Well, it installed several...
ju421019 Laptop Support 12 10-27-2005 07:36 AM