Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows NT/2000/2003, 2008 and 2012 Server

System Cannot Log You on Because "Domain" Is Not Available

This is a discussion on System Cannot Log You on Because "Domain" Is Not Available within the Windows NT/2000/2003, 2008 and 2012 Server forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all I witnessed some weird issues today. Two workstations we're unable to login due to the following error: System

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all

I witnessed some weird issues today. Two workstations we're unable to login due to the following error:

System Cannot Log You on Because "Domain" Is Not Available.

I fixed this issue by removing the user from the domain and adding them to the workgroup, rebooting and then adding them back in to the domain.

Anyone know if theres anything server side related that would be causing this or any simpler techniques on resolving this issue? We have two domain controllers and when I logged on to the machine with a local account, I was able to communicate back and forth with both servers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 04-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
Registered Member

This problem may occur if your user credentials have either expired or have been removed. Also check to make sure that user has permission to log on to that specific domain.

The general explanation usually is that the workstation cannot connect to the LAN (an ethernet cable could be unplugged; card malfunction, etc.) but you said you could access it locally from the administrator account, so it's probably just a permissions problem.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Registered Member

I found this thread when I google for the same error.

My question is how can I change computer name, dns or ip if I can't even log in?

The administrator log in didn't work either (tested on other machine confirm the log in details are correct)

Please advice.

Thanks.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Shutdown Issue
Ok so umm my computer shuts down and restarts randomly, at un-pattern times. The noise is like whining and groaning sounds that are probably from the fan dying when it restarts and starting back up. This happened two days ago and uh when it first occured it was usually every 10 minutes.. now it's...
batmankiller Windows XP Support 20 02-21-2007 12:48 PM
USB Stopped Working
Hey there, About a week ago I was plugging in my speakers to the front jack on my computer when a Windows message (the one that comes from the clock area) saying one of my USB Ports had a power surge. I also noticed that my USB Optical Mouse's light was no longer on. Also, at this time, my...
pjleonhardt Other Hardware Support 11 02-17-2007 10:09 PM
Extremely slow system with clean scans
I am currently working on an ACER Aspire 3000, with an AMD Semron 2800+ and 256mb. This computer is super slow, but all the scans I have ran are coming up clean. The drive was heavily degragmented, which I have taken care of already. And Im sure some extra memory will work well. I...
gerardkcohen Inactive Malware Help Topics 4 01-16-2007 08:40 PM
Does not recognise some DVDs?
Hello all, Could someone please help? I've just fitted a new DVD-RW and immediately began using Nero 7 Premium to burn a DVD. I'd previously tried out the player with about 3 DVDs. The first two played fine but the third seemed to get stuck midway through playing. I know that the drive plays...
Ibsen3 Removable Media Drives 34 03-29-2006 09:50 AM
Please help with Backdoor.Beasty.Family
Hey, I am completely new to this whole Forum thing and have never chatted online etc but I really need someones help if possible. My computer has recently apparently been infected with the Backdoor.Beasty.Family virus. Everytime I right click on an icon in the desktop, I get a messgae from...
Dan1975 Resolved HJT Threads 44 02-09-2005 11:52 PM