Domain Controller

This is a discussion on Domain Controller within the Windows NT/2000/2003, 2008 and 2012 Server forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all! I am having an issue with my domain controller replicating. There seems to be an issue with lingering

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all! I am having an issue with my domain controller replicating.
There seems to be an issue with lingering objects. It says I need to remove them before replication will proceed.

Can anyone assist me in correcting this issue?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Management Team Networking

Post the error you get for review.

Was a server removed from the network but not from AD?

Old 04-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi,
When was last replication occured between the DC ?
This problem occurs when domain controller that has lingering object, has been out of replication for more than one tombstone lifetime. Or as Wand3r3r said, you demoted a server but not removed it from AD properly (example - not performed metabeta cleanup).

Regards
Mayank

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Wireless Windows Domain access
I need a bit of help. I have setup a domain in the office and it works fine when using a wired connection, the problem I have occurs when trying to access the domain using a wireless connection. The client machine is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 and the Server is running Windows Server 2008 RC2. ...
smuglar Networking Support 15 04-13-2012 12:30 AM
Wireless Windows Domain access
I need a bit of help. I have setup a domain in the office and it works fine when using a wired connection, the problem I have occurs when trying to access the domain using a wireless connection. The client machine is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 and the Server is running Windows Server 2008 RC2. I...
smuglar Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 04-02-2012 12:50 AM
[SOLVED] Domain Password issue.
I had a user today that could not reset his password. I asked him if he had just reset his password within 24 hours and he said he did it 3 days ago. I asked him if he was using an old password and he was not. Here is what the GPO looks like: Policy Policy Setting Enforce password history ...
JimFlagg Networking Support 10 03-30-2012 03:37 PM
[SOLVED] Event Viewer Error(Disk Controller)
Every time I stick a USB Flash Drive in and get a sound and the Window asking me what I want to do comes up. Now, I know this is normal since I've done it probably 1000 times before. I copied something to the disk fine and the selected remove safely and all was well. Never gave it a second thought....
pt121984 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 9 03-29-2012 08:42 PM
Authentication over trusted domain
Evening guys, Quick question for you that hopefully someone can answer. Here is the Scenario. There are 2 domains, domain(A) and domain(B) which have a two way trust and have a Windows 2003 domain functional level in both. Question. Is it possible to configure a DC in domain(A) so that...
Trevstonbury Windows NT/2000/2003, 2008 and 2012 Server 3 03-29-2012 12:24 PM