Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Resolved HJT Threads

What is storage.conduit.com doing in my IE history?

This is a discussion on What is storage.conduit.com doing in my IE history? within the Resolved HJT Threads forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I keep seeing something called storage.conduit.com in my IE browsing history. I don't ever recall going to that site. I

Old 06-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
Registered Member

I keep seeing something called storage.conduit.com in my IE browsing history. I don't ever recall going to that site. I am afraid to click on it for fear that it might be something dodgy. Can somebody tell me exactly what it is?

Here is the URL:
http://storage.conduit.com/1/299/CT2997301/BrowserFiles/df949936-2850-4e26-af65-c14d91c5c48b.html

...also, if it is something bad, how do I block it?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:
Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps
link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below. Use a USB flash drive to download and transfer the tools to the affected machine, if necessary. You might like to run the Flash_Disinfector.exe on the clean machine and the flash drive first to protect against any possible transfer of infection via USB.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.