Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Resolved HJT Threads

Virus won't let IE open...

This is a discussion on Virus won't let IE open... within the Resolved HJT Threads forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So apparently I got a virus that won't let me open any internet explorer windows, they flash for like a

Old 05-28-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

So apparently I got a virus that won't let me open any internet explorer windows, they flash for like a millisecond then poof, they're gone. It won't let me update my AV or Spyware cleaner. If it idles back to the user screen, it says my password is invalid. I can't use the system restore, it says "System Restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, and then run System Restore again." then that doesn't work either. What can I do? Anybody have this problem before?......

Old 05-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:
Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps
link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

Use a flash drive or other removable media, and transfer the tools to the infected computer, if necessary.

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.