Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Resolved HJT Threads

Search Engine redirects for no real reason

This is a discussion on Search Engine redirects for no real reason within the Resolved HJT Threads forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, Well this one is weird to me. I would have just followed some other posts and tried to remove

Old 12-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hello,

Well this one is weird to me. I would have just followed some other posts and tried to remove this but I can't figure out why it is doing this.

I just formatted my PC with a fresh copy of Windows XP Home SP3 last week. I had bought a new Hard Drive so it was necessary. Since then I have hardly done any web browsing. The only web pages I have visited are my usual ones(gmail and a couple forums I frequent). I have not had any signs of any virus.

However seemingly out of the blue my google links keep getting redirected randomly. It doesn't happen all the time, only a few times per day, but it does happen. I cannot figure out where this came from.
Even though I have no virus trouble, should I post a hijack this log?

Old 12-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Hello and welcome to TSF.

The fact that your searches are being redirected is a concern.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.