Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Resolved HJT Threads

Can't download torrents, movies, music

This is a discussion on Can't download torrents, movies, music within the Resolved HJT Threads forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I could download movie torrents just fine not long ago but then i got some virus, spam, malware or something

Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

I could download movie torrents just fine not long ago but then i got some virus, spam, malware or something and i got the software to remove it. After I could finally get on my computer I figured out that my downloads wouldn't start in any torrent client. My movie torrents will open they just won't start downloading once they are opened and the same goes for music files in bearshare. I can't figure out why and it sucks cuz i cant download anything and i need to right now. I tried uninstalling utorrent and installing it all over again but the torrents still won't go. Then i thought it might be firewall since an "allow this program" from windows firewall comes up whenever i open utorrent. So I turned it off from control panel and it still didn't work!!! HELP :( PLEASE! Is there nobody who is smart enough to fix this??

Old 03-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Management Team, Security Center & TSF Academy
Expert Analyst, Moderator, Security Team
Rangemaster, Moderator, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hello,

As stated in the forum rules:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ork&page=rules

P2P
We believe that the main purpose of P2P programs is to illegally download and use copyrighted material of whatever description. We further understand that there may be legal uses for P2P, but as we are not able to assess a user's intent when he/ she asks for help, we do not support P2P software and we will not assist any user in this regard. This includes but is not limited to Bearshare, Kazaa and many others.

Please also see this topic:

Perils of P2P File Sharing

This thread is closed.