Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

"You Tube" says I don't have the flash player - but I do.

This is a discussion on "You Tube" says I don't have the flash player - but I do. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. In Internet explorer, when I try to view videos on "You Tube", I am told I "don't seem to have

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

In Internet explorer, when I try to view videos on "You Tube", I am told I "don't seem to have the latest Flash Player installed" - so I go and download it, and am told it has been installed successfully, but You Tube continues to not work - for the same reason. I "don't have it installed". According to them.

Hmmm... In addition, from Firefox I can watch videos with no problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Old 05-29-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
Team Manager
Articles Team

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to chauffeur2

G'Day haskellbob,

Please try this workaround, as it worked on my wife's computer a couple of weeks ago...

Go Start > Run > type in the box C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
Now copy the Flash9.ocx file and then pasted it back in the same directory.
You will have created Copy of Flash9.ocx; rename it to Flash.ocx.
This effectively will give you two files; Flash.ocx and Flash9.ocx, both the same file; although with a different name, in the same directory.

Give this a try and post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

If it works, Don't fix it!
Especially if Microsoft made it!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

I will try this next Sun or Mon when I'm at Celina's computer again (in Tijuana, Mexico. I myself live in Ensenada - a bit south of there).

You, however, are considerably further south - further south than I've ever been! And I grew up in SOUTHERN California...

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installing Flash Player without Admin Priviliges?
I tried looking up how to install Flash Player with out Admin Privilages and I got a way to do it for Opera and Firefox, but not I.E. I just want to download Flash Player. Please help. (And I can't download any actual PROGRAMS like Firefox or opera, just backround stuff that wont be noticed like...
Tukimoshi Internet Explorer Forum 2 10-10-2007 01:12 PM
Adobe Flash Player
I have tried everything I can think of to download flash player. Shockwave player installed just fine. I think I downloaded it and I check my software and it is not there. I am trying to open my mothers day cards from my son in Iraq. Please help.
elmie21 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 5 05-24-2007 06:14 PM
help - flash player problem!
wasnt sure where to put this thread, but please help when i try to install my hp photo software for my camera, which i guess uses adobe flash player, i get this error: http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27981803yp7.jpg so i looked up this "Macromedia projector has encountered an error...
ncderek Windows XP Support 1 03-29-2007 10:49 PM
Macromedia Flash Player
I don't know if this is the correct forum; if it isn't I'm sorry. For some reason, I'm having trouble installing the Macromedia Flash Player. Well, specifically, I've been to the website dozens of times, and it says that Macromedia Flash Player has already been installed on my computer; there's...
Remote Saxon Windows XP Support 5 06-11-2006 09:37 AM
Need help with Macromedia Flash player
I'm having a problem with Flash programs. I was on this site: http://www.fabrica.it/flipbook/ and while everything shows up fine, I can't open clips. I click the clip and I hear a little "click" but nothing happens. Other things open, like the FAQ, I can click "newest, top rated, etc..." but the...
Diabolus Internet Explorer Forum 0 07-07-2005 11:03 PM