Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

yellow ? with ! in unknown devices help

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Doby 
#1 ·
I have an dell dimension 2400 pc i had deleted some files with adware and now my usb's do not work. I bought a belkin pci card and installed it have usb's but under unknown in device manager it has all yellow? with yellow! and gives me a code 1 on it when clicking on properties. please i want to either recover my dell usb files or use my belkin usbs so i can get my web cam up and running...

#2 · (Edited)
Adaware will put the deleted files in quarantine if you did not delete the files in quarantine you can restore them.

You could also try a restore point,,,,,,,,, start>programs>accesories>system tools> system restore. Choose a restore point to before the time the problem started.

Another option would be if your dell came with a driver cd you could reload the usb drivers off of it

As far as the usb card, did you load the drivers that came with the card on a cd?

#3 ·
yes i did and i went to a web site that someone else used to and downloaded it for the belkin 5 port pci card. Under my unerversal serial bus controller when i click on the + sign it shows all my connections for it and a NEC PCI to usbopen host controller. but then under that there is another universal serial bus controller that shows the belkin usb 2.0 high speed host controller and the PCI class usb enhanced host controller. when I right click on them it tells me that they are working properly. But when i check the ones in my unknown devices it gives me device not configured properly (code 1). and like i said they have the yellow ? and ! and i followed all the installation process that i was suppose to.. please help me if you can thanks

#4 ·
I looked at dell's website for a usb driver and they don't list any. I am not sure if this is going to help but.

Set a restore point.
Then go here and download the chipset driver http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Then go here and scroll down to the installation instructions for the driver.
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R47822&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_CEL_2400&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=3268&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=27&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=27&fileid=56457

Follow the instructions and install the driver, I am hoping the usb driver is part of it.

Post back and let me know if it helps if not I will ask someone for additional help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.