Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

yellow triangle w/ !

6K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  tosh9i 
#1 ·
I keep getting a little yellow triangle with a ! on it in the lower right hand corner of the screen by the clock. Every few minutes while I on the internet, I will hear a "pop" sound and it will show up. I have tried right-clicking on it and left-clicking on it, and when I do, it will just disappear. Also, when I put the cursor on it, it won't even tell me what it is, as with the other icons on that task bar.

HELP! I have run a partial virus/spyware scan and it came up clean. I am now running a scan on ALL files, and am now waiting for that to be completed.

My husband installed a wireless router this weekend (for use with our laptop and our Wii), and also installed software from our internet provider that is supposed to upgrade our service to make it faster. Could either one of these be the cause?

TIA.

#4 ·
Sounds like it may be the windows update notifier. Usually a little icon will appear when windows updates are ready to be installed. Try disabling windows updates by right-clicking my computer and going to properties, Click the Automatic Updates tab and click the bottom option "Turn off automatic updates". Test to see if that is the icon coming up. After confirming if this is the cause, turn windows updates back on and proceed to Microsofts website and complete all your updates. You may have to repeat the update process by restarting your computer and going back to the microsoft site to see if more updates are available.

#15 ·
get this issue sooooo much at work......

Most of the time it's because student's have bridged the connection of their WAN and LAN so they can connect their Xbox360 to their laptop and then get internet.

However when they come onto the school site and plug their laptop into the wall with an RJ45 it causes a mass IP Conflict.

May be worth checking for a bridged connection if renweing your internal IP doesn't work =0)

#20 ·
You may want to go in and assign the Wii its own IP addy....I have a Linksys WTR54G and I also have a Wii and a network printer. I was finding the IP changing on me periodically and giving it to the Wii when the boy used it, so I assigned the printer its own IP and now all is happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.