Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XP home -standby does not stay in standby

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  yboy11 
#1 ·
Help please, my standby power scheme option will not hold in standby. The key board option will not hold, maybe a few seconds. The start option does the same thing. I really did use and like this option. Only new change I can think of is the modem. Went to a 4200 Windstream(SpeedStream) because of slow connection on the older ?6200 ? I have many new Indian friends that say it is not the modem.Need a slow walk through,don't understand this problem. Don't understand computers!!
Could be the problem has another source?
Thanks

#2 ·
1. First go to the device manager.

2. In the device manager open a device that uses "Power Management", such as a Network Adapter by clicking the plus sign next to it. - An easy way to access the device manager is to use the key combination "Windows Key + Pause/break", go to the "Hardware" tab and click the device manager.

3. Right-click the child icon that shows up under the Network Adapters category

4. Left-click properties

5. On the top will be a "Power Management" tab

6. Make sure you uncheck the box that says, "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby".

* There are other devices that use this power management function. One that I know of is Mice, you will have to figure out which it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.