Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

XP Home Edition Drivers

This is a discussion on XP Home Edition Drivers within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. I have reinstalled the XP Home Edition on my Dell PC. Unfortunately the drivers for VGA, Multimedia and Ethernet

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hi. I have reinstalled the XP Home Edition on my Dell PC. Unfortunately the drivers for VGA, Multimedia and Ethernet are now missing.

I need to get the drivers to get the system running. Please assist.

Looking forward to a reply. Thanking you in advance.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

You can go here, enter your Service Tag and navigate to drivers for your pc

http://support.dell.com/support/down...=us&l=en&s=gen

Old 06-03-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

What is the service tag number?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

It's on a sticker on the side, back or bottom of the tower/laptop . . you can also just enter the model and navigate to the drivers, but you will have a larger number to choose from . . The Dell site can find the Service Tag for you if you select that.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpswr View Post
It's on a sticker on the side, back or bottom of the tower/laptop . . you can also just enter the model and navigate to the drivers, but you will have a larger number to choose from . . The Dell site can find the Service Tag for you if you select that.
Hi,

My name is Todd and I'm a customer advocate with Dell's online outreach team. We try to help our customers via blogs and forums.

The quote above is correct. You can find all the drivers easiest if you filter them using the service tag of your system. When you download the drivers I recommend you install them in this order:

Dell Desktop (or Notebook) System Software
Chipset drivers
Video drivers

After that you can install them in any order that is best for you. But I would highly recommend making sure you get the System Software and chipset drivers on first before any other drivers are installed.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll stop back to see if I can be of any help.

Thank you,

Todd

Customer Advocate
Dell, Inc.

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archi...1/19/3648.aspx