Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XML parsing failed when I tried to view my MSN chat logs

7K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  winterdawn 
#1 ·
Hi! I have been experiencing problems with opening the chat logs that were previously saved by MSN and were later, transferred by me to this computer from another. I also included the MessageLog.xsl stylesheet when transferring and have included it in the same folder as the chat logs. I had this problem before but was able to solve it by opening it with XML notepad, but now it does not work anymore. I also tried copying these old log files into the folder where the new ones are saved, but it still wouldnt work. Then, I tried using notepad/ microsoft word, but notepad only showed me tons of rubbish (weird symbols and such) and msword wouldnt even open it, saying that there is a problem with the content of the file. Whenever I try to open any of those files, I get this message:

XML Parsing Error: syntax error
Location: file:///G:/Winterdawn/My%20Received%20Files/violettorose1413385566/Jocke/2jockeswe1731976242%20-%20Archive.xml
Line Number 1, Column 1:v-AI_ISYSTWEAK_ENCRYPT*_9Ψ'dlsu account @b9EX'F^:'Njl{zPދLW)VV"c+ދMNHf$e'\OgcP)r{"[uja\h͟Vm1"WB1@' eBAzyFCb=YhBPu͗T3>@Kϊ\@@k։C?O^c>4
^

so is there any way I can correct this problem?how? I really need to open the chat logs, they're very important. Please help me, thank you very much! :pray:

P.S. The new chat logs that were created by MSN now can be opened without any problems. They are saved in the default folder used by MSN for message logs. I have downloaded .NET framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.