Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Write protected disk

793 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  The_Janitor 
#1 ·
I'm trying to save my textures I collected over the years from a 3d program to a CD-R disk I haven't used in a while.Theirs plenty of space left and it says: Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.Im on windows XP. Thanks

#2 ·
to a CD-R disk
What is the CD burning software you are using? CD-R discs are Write once media by default. Unless the first time you burned it you chose to make a multi-session disc in the burning software program. CD-RW discs can be written to more then once as long as you do not Finalize the CD.
Instead of using a CD-R you should use a USB Flash drive, or better yet a USB HDD.

#3 ·
I'm trying to save my textures I collected over the years from a 3d program to a CD-R disk...
Textures (assume some kind of graphic file) collected "over the years" may be larger than what a 800 Mbyte CD-R can hold. How much (in bytes) data is there in total? You might have to span over multiple CDs, or use DVD(s).

Reread your post. If the CD-R was written to once, and the session was ended "permanently" (there's a special word for this I forget), you can't write to that CD again.

Why CD? One scratch and all that data could be gone forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.