Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Word Slow to load and open documents

This is a discussion on Word Slow to load and open documents within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For the past few months I have noticed that Word is taking longer to start and open documents. I have

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

For the past few months I have noticed that Word is taking longer to start and open documents. I have looked for fixes on the internet but to date have come up blank. Can anyone suggest how to diagnose and resolve the issue?

Old 07-22-2007, 07:13 AM   #2
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Hello and welcome to TSF

What version of Office is it?

What secruity programs do you have installed? (I ask because alot of virus scanners scan a word document before opening.)

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MS Office documents load slowly
I'm having a problem with MS Office 2003. Word and Excel documents load extremely slowly (1 to 2 minutes.) If I open Word without an existing document (Start, All Programs, Microsoft Office, Word), Word pops right up in 2 or 3 seconds. I can then open an existing file (File, Open) in a second...
Sfluegel Microsoft Office support 17 04-24-2008 11:13 PM
Outlook soooo slow to load and display text
I've noticed a change to outlook lately. It is very slow to open, slow to load the first message and today there is a long delay between typing my message and seeing the text display in my message. In fact, at times it seems Outlook is frozen, which it isn't- it's just sooooo slow and delayed. ...
originale Microsoft Office support 12 05-24-2007 08:50 AM
Word 2003 takes ages to load from Windows Explorer
My Word 2003 gets a problem recently. The symptom is that it takes ages to start if I double click a word document in Windows Explorer. Previously, it took only a few seconds for Word to open the required document. Now it takes almost a minute or more for the file to open. Moreover, the Explorer...
Beyon Microsoft Office support 12 06-07-2006 04:56 PM
running slow, pictures load slowly or not completly
I completed "step 1" with spybot search & destroy. I have run Microsoft anti spyware, Yahoo Anti spy, Ad-Aware SE, Ewido security suite,(step 2) Housecall Trendmicro and security.symantec.com/sscv6. I removed what all of the above suggested. ...
rahzip Inactive Malware Help Topics 33 02-02-2006 06:54 PM
Cannot open office 2003 word / excel files
Hi all -- I have read a lot about similar complaints, but the solutions are not working. I have a new DELL XPS, and installed my copy of office onto it. Whenever i double click a document (Word/Excel)The program launches, but the document doesnt load. I HAD Norton A/V on the system when...
ajbrutico Microsoft Office support 3 07-15-2005 06:29 AM