Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

wireless network icon not showing up

This is a discussion on wireless network icon not showing up within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i cant see the wireless network icon.please help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

i cant see the wireless network icon.please help.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
Registered Member

Open wireless network connection properties and there you will see option 'show icon when connected'. Tick it right and restart the connection.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Do you have a Wireless slider switch on your laptop? Make sure it is turned on.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
Registered Member

Just tick the "Show icon in notification area when connected". For example just right click the encircled connection as you can see in the attached image and then go to properties and in general tab you will see there the "Show icon in notification area when connected" just check it and tick OK.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opera pages not liking Opera browser?
Why do some pages for extensions for the Opera browser not load with Opera, unless I mask it as Firefox? With Firefox, there is no problem. With Opera sending a user-agent as itself, I get a 404 error. These are 2 pages where that happened:...
Anonymosity Other Browsers 22 06-06-2012 10:50 PM
[SOLVED] Hard drive not recognised
My PC has the following hardware:- BIOSTAR Group G41D3+ 6.0 Bus Clock: 200 megahertz BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080015 12/28/2010; Processor: 3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core; RAM: 8MB DDR3 1333; Kingston SVP100S 296G SSD (96GB); Seagate Barracuda ST3250310AS HD (250GB); Western Digital...
smcc Hard Drive Support 19 03-08-2012 03:57 AM
Linksys Adapter not Working (adapter or virus?)
Hello there. I'm having a bit of a problem with my Linksys wireless adapter: the light will flash a few times when I plug it in, then it will turn off. It won't let me connect to the internet or my printer. It's not the port: it is recognized when I put it in any other port, but it still won't...
JamesMRusch Networking Support 16 03-07-2012 07:39 PM
[SOLVED] Wireless modem gets faint signal
I've had the same laptop for years. It's a Sony Vaio which I'm running XP corporate on. In the last year or so I've had trouble with the built-in wireless modem. Whereas previously I never had any trouble with it now it seems to pick up all networks as if they were very distant. It tells me...
sitontheedge Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 18 03-07-2012 10:35 AM
NETWORK BROWSING
At my work when I click on Network it immediately shows a full list of all the computers on the network. There's probably about 100. At home when I click network it takes like 30 seconds to do some scan and show like 3 computers. What's the deal?
doublez2 Networking Support 3 03-05-2012 09:19 PM