Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Windows XP Pro ".exe bad image"

This is a discussion on Windows XP Pro ".exe bad image" within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, Can somebody please help? I have a Windows XP Pro, since two days, every time I clicked on any

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

Can somebody please help? I have a Windows XP Pro, since two days, every time I clicked on any program, a ".exe bad image" error popped up. I tried to sear all over the internet and couldn't find help. I tried WiseFixer and it didn't help either. I don't have much $ to take it to take to the shop to get it fix. So if you could really provide me instructions on how to solve these errors, I'd be very extremely appreciated for your help.

Kind regards,

Old 11-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Try the . EXE file association fix. if this does not work, then you are infected. Please click on the link for Virus/Spyware Help in my signature and do as many of those steps as you can, and skip any that you can't and post there for more help.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explorer & Dr.Watson has encountered...
Hello, I can't open most of my folders without my computer freezing up and my computer telling me that "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close". Now, I've been using Google...
JCVerkler Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 3 11-18-2011 01:27 PM
XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert
Hello. Two days ago I got the virus XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert. It does not let me open any file/folder/browser. When I try to google how to remove it, it redirects me to different websites. Please ...
lilbrat0326 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-03-2011 07:49 PM
Check-up please
Hi All, There are no specific problems with my computer, but if I could have a check-up for peace of mind then that would be greatly appreciated. Below and attached are the log files as requested . DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.5512 BrowserJavaVersion:...
ben1390 Resolved HJT Threads 5 06-22-2011 08:40 PM
huge malware issue.
Hi, I've got a large problem on my son-in-laws pc. I was surfing when a program popped up that looks like it could be a microsoft progam, but its not. its called Malware Protection. It starts scanning and I can't make it stop.Its giving all kinds of warnings about tons of viruses on the computer,...
firerooster Resolved HJT Threads 44 05-17-2011 09:52 PM
Computer infected with malware;possibly a virus.
I performed a scan with Avira. It located two things: EXP/Javi.B and TR/Trash.Gen I also performed a Malwarebytes scan.It found Trojan.Hiloti The malware disabled my entire computer sound system. It takes literally 5 minutes to launch either of my browsers.I have IE8 & Firefox. The only way I...
fanny1234 Inactive Malware Help Topics 34 05-07-2011 08:49 PM