Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Windows Live Mail - New Hard Drive - Help?

This is a discussion on Windows Live Mail - New Hard Drive - Help? within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm attempting to find some "lost" Windows Live Mail files on my old Hard Drive, but I don't have the

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm attempting to find some "lost" Windows Live Mail files on my old Hard Drive, but I don't have the first clue where to look.

When I installed the newer version of Windows Live Mail and attempted to import my older files onto the new hard drive, the imported files only went up to 2007.

Now, I know that I archived all of my E-mails all the way up to December of 2010, but I can't seem to figure out where that set of files has gone.

If there's anyone out there who can help me figure this out, I'd be extremely grateful.

I'm running Windows XP Home, SP3.

I sure hope someone can help, as I need that archived information.

My thanks, in advance!

Pax, harmonia,

Brian

Old 04-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and x86 SP1 & Windows XP Pro SP3

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to TheGift73

I don't use Windows Live Mail, but the file format for them is .eml files.

Have you done a search for .eml files in your computer?

Start>Search and type '*.eml' (without the quotes) in to the 'All Files and folders' section

The * before the .eml basically looks for anything that has a .eml extension.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Malware Redirects When I Click On Any Links
Here is my DDS log and my ark log (gmer). Unfortunatley i cannot make it a zip file like the tutorial had told me because all of my programs have disappeared I just got this malware/trojan/worm virus that makes my applications disappear, constantly re-direct my browser when i click on any link,...
alek1230 Resolved HJT Threads 9 04-19-2011 02:47 AM
Malware/popup/redirects
Hi Recently my machines been running very slow (Win XP, SP 4), then recently on Mozilla 4.0 new tabs started appearing. I found a folder in Documents and Settings/Network Service/Local Settings which was 'temp' which had lots of jpgs/html/javascript, like these were the dodgy HTML pages...
psj3809 Resolved HJT Threads 48 04-14-2011 01:45 PM
virus ends all programs, help please
Hello there, the other day whilst not really paying attention I allowed a fishy program to bypass my firewall, and it basically just shuts down any prgrm I open, and opens some fake virus software stuff. Anyways help please, I don't want to buy a new computer yet :grin:
redphase Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 02-25-2011 11:14 AM
Virus redirecting all of my pages.
My computer is completely screwed! First no sound now this! Almost every time I try to do something on the internet my page is getting redirected to something else! I always have to rush to click the X button to stop the page from loading. But I want a permanent fix! Please help.
TheresMoreToMe Resolved HJT Threads 26 01-26-2011 04:48 PM