Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Windows - Fatal Application Exit

This is a discussion on Windows - Fatal Application Exit within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, recently I was in the process of changing my firewall. It was Kerio Personal Firewall (an old version, but

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

recently I was in the process of changing my firewall. It was Kerio Personal Firewall (an old version, but quite good). When switching over to Comodo, I had reason to believe my computer was under attack, or its security had been breached.

The computer slowed down far worse than it ever has done, and what's more, the admin password to Kerio had inexplicably changed. So I disconnected the internet, and tried to uninstall Kerio to no avail (the process just wouldn't run). I was forced to manually delete the program before I could safely install Comodo.

Anyway, now Windows keeps on telling me there's been an Fatal Application Exit, with the error message:

"Windows - Fatal Application Exit

Kerio Personal Firewall Driver: TdiHookCallNextDriver: CurrentIrpStack->Control == 0 -> Completion routine may not be called!"

I've deleted all the files related to Kerio I can find, have run CCleaner to clean up any inconsistencies it can find, and have opened up regedit, where I deleted the Kerio registry entry. The error message still appears! Very annoying. I'm guessing there might be a .dll file somewhere? I can't find anything that is explicitly related to Kerio.

Any help with this would be great.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Registered Member

Someone? Anyone?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Chances are the files or dll's needed are gone, but the registry entry is still looking for it. If you can find a reference to which file it's looking for, you can search the registry for reference to that file and remove it. You may also want to search for all references to kerio and remove those. Also check the auto run sections for Kerio startup references.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #4

Did you search the Registry for TdiHookCallNextDriver?