Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Why can't I view someone's webcam?

This is a discussion on Why can't I view someone's webcam? within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have been using Yahoo messenger for a long time, and until recently I have been able to view other

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have been using Yahoo messenger for a long time, and until recently I have been able to view other people's webcams. Now i get a message saying "waiting for permission from (the person i am trying to connect with)". THis happens when i accept their invitation and when i try to ask them. I haven't changed any of my settings on my computer or yahoo messenger and I just don't know what is causing the problem

Old 06-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #2

OS: xp pro sp3, 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Server 2003, Server 2008, VMware vCenter Server

My System

Send a message via MSN to vladimirb Send a message via Yahoo to vladimirb Send a message via Skype™ to vladimirb

Hi, Did you recently install some update that is related with Yahoo Messenger??? Maybe if you install some update, options are set to default... Anyways, did you check options to see if something has changed???
Hope this will help...

Old 06-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yes, i have checked my options and nothing has changed and my updates had nothing to do with yahoo messenger so I don't know what is going on.. Nothing seems to fix the probem
Old 06-04-2008, 02:03 AM   #4

OS: xp pro sp3, 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Server 2003, Server 2008, VMware vCenter Server

My System

Send a message via MSN to vladimirb Send a message via Yahoo to vladimirb Send a message via Skype™ to vladimirb

Well, I can only give you advice to uninstall Yahoo Messenger and install it again... maybe it is corrupted...
Old 06-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
Registered Member

I've already done that but thanks. I think that it might be my firewall blocking me but I'm not sure yet
Old 06-05-2008, 02:08 AM   #6

My System

Hi again, are you using Windows Firewall or some kind of third-party software like Zone Alarm???