Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Where to find temporary internet files?

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  elf 
#1 ·
I regularly listen to internet radio programs over live streams and I'd like to know where the downloaded .dat or .mp3 file ends up? I presently run firefox and when I used to use internet explorer, I would listen to the radio show and then goto temporary internet files and there I'd find the downloaded audio file.

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Or open IE > Tools > Internet Options > under "Temporary Internet Files" click "Settings" then click "View Files" and it will open the directory for you.

#5 ·
OK cool thanks for the easy way of finding them! Somthing that puzzles me is that this is the directory that I find them in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Docal Settings\Temporary Internet Files

'Docal settings?'

Maybe I had a virus that did that?

Something else I want to know is: If I begin listening to an audio stream by clicking a link in firefox then will the file get downloaded to the a different location than if I had clicked the link in internet explorer?

#6 ·
When you stream audio, you don't download a file...hence the name streaming. If you do download a file, it's just a link to the stream.

#7 ·
You actually do, it just stays in ram till it gets over written. Never gets written to the hard drive.

There are programs that let you record streams. I'm thinking illegal in todays world, unfortunately.

To play it safe, I'm not going to link to anything...

#8 ·
Yea, well obviously you download, but it stays in ram and gets cleared to make room for the rest of the stream, but it never gets written to your hard disk.

#9 ·
you can many times download streaming vids easily..just right click and choose 'save target as'

#10 · (Edited)
#11 ·
ahh..yes..IC...of course there are illegal ways of grabbing said file :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.