Not open for further replies.

Weird PopUp Message. "Your computer is infected"

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Dunedin 
#1 ·
The message reads as following:

Code:
Your computer is infected!
Windows has detected spyware infection!

It is recomended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss.

Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you.

Click here to protect your computer from spyware!
This stupid message only started to appear after i used my school's wireless internet connection.

It would be awesome if you guys could help me fix this, since this laptop is used to make school projects and work things, that I can't afford to lose.

#2 ·
Do not attempt to run or install the antispyware 2009 (I believe that is the software it tells you to use) as it is a malware.

Google and download Spybot Search And Destroy.
Install Spybot search and destroy, follow the steps and it will 90% of the time remove everything related to that specific virus/spyware.

#4 ·
Also i would suggest doin a virus scan with a online scanner.I prefer nod32 (http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/) which should get rid of anything dodgy on your pc.You will need to open that link in internet explorer and click accept and everythin that the page says(dont worry i trust it iv used it before).And like everyone has said before dont download what the popups suggest and if possible try not to click on them just drag them out of the way if you can

#5 · (Edited)
I have seen a pc with the same problems as your descibing, this is a nasty infection or should I say infections! I have tried to combat this with everything I know and didnt work.
Also besides what you are seeing it also is running a service or 2 and a command script, batch file. Everytime I got a scan going it rebooted the pc or shut it down. I had to use wipe drive 3.0 with 7 passes to make sure everything was wiped clean.

The best 3 online scanners that I have found is Trendmicro 6.6 version, Kaspersky online scanner, windowsecurity online scanner. You will want to use either kaspersky or trendmicro with windowsecurity online scanner. Windowsecurity scan will find toolbars and other adware that trendmicro or other virus scanners will not find. But if pc is infected heavily its doubtfull that you will be able to properly run online scan on it.

Best advice I can give you is to get A2anti-malware scanner http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/ u can run it offline of course download it on another from another pc onto a cd. Hijackthis u should run next, then get online and run to either kaspersky online scanner or trendmicro 6.6 version go to google and type Free online virus Scan and you will see trendmicro online scan. or simply type into google Kaspersky online scan.

#8 ·
Hello ChotaZ :smile:

You will need help from our Security forum to get rid of this nasty

Please read this article; "Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Don`t try to fix this yourself as you could do damage and lose all access to your system

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.