Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird boot up issue (details inside)

976 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  spinaltaprocks 
#1 ·
Okay, so I sort of solved this issue, I think, but I don't have any clue why it happened. Which is why I'm posting this. :embarased

First, I booted my computer, it got past the bios setup but then the boot screen was very dark, blackened, if you will. Then it didn't load into windows, just a black screen. The monitor light was still on. It would not boot into safe mode.
No recent hardware changes have been made.

I then press the reset button. Goes through boot up, except this time at the windows boot screen, it shows it fine. But, it goes to a blank screen again before entering windows. :normal:

Okay, so I'm lost, I reset the bios, I then make sure everything is plugged in. I unplug my power cord, hold the power button down for 30 seconds. I do everything I can think of if it's hardware issue. Same problem occurs.

Finally I run the XP repair. I reboot and it works.

Did XP repair fix the issue, or is it a coincidence? What made the problem happen in the first place? And, have any of you heard of this issue before?

I appreciate all your help. :pray:

See less See more
#2 ·
Im not trying to be funny, but... Are you still having this problem? If you fixed it then what are we trying to help you with? I mean its a Windows PC, sometimes this happens. This has happend to my PC and a cold boot or pressing reset is all it needed and it was fine. Now, if it hapens every time thats another story.

Regarding the Windows screen coming up, and then a few moments of a black screen before the login prompt or desktop display, that is a normal function. Nothing to fix there.

#3 ·
Hi STR

Well, If you read my post you'd see what I wanted help with. Read the questions I asked. If these questions cannot be answered because I "fixed" the problem, then I will let it go and hope it never happens again.

Obviously, if you read my post, I tried the cold boot, I pressed the reset button, etc. It did not work.

Also, I don't think you fully understand what I mean about the black screen. But it's fine, I'm sure it's fixed.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.