Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

'Vprotect application has ...'

This is a discussion on 'Vprotect application has ...' within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i get error message 'Vportect application has encountered a problem...' frequently ? what can i do ? is this serious

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

i get error message 'Vportect application has encountered a problem...' frequently ? what can i do ? is this serious ? thanks

Old 01-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi I suggest you troubleshoot by doing a clean boot info on how to can be found in the links below
How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GMER gives BSOD Warning - SLOW PC
I downloaded and ran GMER (Which remains On PC) and was greeted by a BSOD warning? I didnt know what I was dong in the first place and now I am hampered by a very very slow Desktop PC. :3-smash: I keep getting Stack Overflow messages since the BSOD warning? I Run windows XP , I have Norton 360...
tf7 Resolved HJT Threads 99 11-20-2011 09:53 PM
Google Redirect Virus and other associated problems
Whenever I click on Google search results, my browser redirects me to a foreign spam website that is not the appropriate target site. In addition, I have had to perform a system restore several times just to be able to open Internet Explorer because this or someother virus has hijacked my...
Patriot1990 Resolved HJT Threads 30 07-03-2011 05:59 AM
Laptop freezing and Slow
Hi This is my kids laptop it has become very slow particularly to start up and is freezing quite regularly now. Sometimes the screen also goes grey. Daughter is about to start her exams and we are worried it goes altogether when she needs it most. Logs below and attached as per instructions....
fifelady Resolved HJT Threads 17 05-23-2011 12:04 PM
[SOLVED] Another Search engine redirect issue
I keep getting redirected while using search engine. Have to go back and click links again to get to proper site. All my normal cleaning procedures find nothing. I cannot run gmer(I get a blue screen and pc reboots itself;sometimes it says bad pool header). I do not have access to boot cd. ....
brokerb311 Resolved HJT Threads 20 05-06-2011 09:47 PM
Help! My Computer is sending spam from my hotmail account
My computer has been sending Spam emails to my contact list off and on for a couple of weeks now. I've run Avast antivirus and SuperAntiSpyware multiple times, but still the spam goes out. I am using Outlook to manage my email (several accounts setup, but only my msn.com account is affected). It...
coast105 Resolved HJT Threads 7 03-31-2011 07:25 PM