Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus Possibly?

712 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  chauffeur2 
#1 ·
I have been experiencing problems lately, or since last night at least when i was downloading music, programs, and other such files. i was trying to get a program, for free, that would allow me to pull all music and video files from my iPod to this laptop. i noticed since then, my computer was opening pages in internet explorer, such as popups, and search engines (most often), and other random sites. i would think these would be normal popups other than the fact that search engines are rarely popups, and the fact that i use firefox. very strange indeed.

#2 ·
Greetings shadowolf, Welcome to TSF! :wavey:

By the look of it I would guess that you have been downloading from places, like Limewire, that are notorious for having corrupt files on their sites.
That said, I recommend that you read this article… "Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good Luck with it.

Kind Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.