Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Virus? double underline hyperlink

This is a discussion on Virus? double underline hyperlink within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I noticed at some sites I get a double underlined hyperlink. I assume this is a virus? What name should

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

I noticed at some sites I get a double underlined hyperlink. I assume this is a virus? What name should I be looking for and where to remove it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Old 04-03-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

What other symptoms do you see? Do you have a specific site where this happens? It might just be something about that specific site.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Old 04-03-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

isnt the double hyperlink usually associated with the "common name" software. When you highlight the link do you get a box come up with information? it tends to select key words such as "car", "flights" etc. If it is "Spyware Doctor" is a very good program to get, i believe you can find it on www.download.com
Old 04-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP

My System

I haven't run across the double underline, what is the "common name" software?

Old 04-03-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
Registered Member

I was just at a site preparing for class (I'm a high school teacher) this site shouldn't have any advertising associated with it but in a description for a lab the word "portable refridgerators" was used. it was highlighted and double underlined. I clicked on it and it went to a sharper image site. but i did notice in the bottom corner where you can see a link being connected it said "serverlogic".
When i tried to go to it again to double check the name to type it here it wouldn't let me access it and the site I was at became inactive and froze?
in fact all open sites I have are jamming up so I will send this now before this page does.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:06 PM   #6
Registered Member

actually it's called serverlogic3.
now here's more?.....
I clicked on anothe one at the site. (Again, this site doesn't have advertising. I've been to it before)
The word "sleeping bags" was double underlined. I clicked it. The first time it went to Pottery Barn Kids. The next time it went to Back Country.?

This is something anyhow. I do have Spybot search and destroy but it must not have found this one?
Old 04-03-2005, 05:15 PM   #7
Registered Member

Gez! This is making me so mad. I found some info since last post. It appears to be a hyperlinker thing? I went to remove the program but I get ...

NSIS Error
Error initializer uninstaller.
Now what?
Old 04-03-2005, 06:18 PM   #8
Microsoft MVP

My System

Post a couple of the links where you see the issue, so we can see them too.

Old 04-03-2005, 06:38 PM   #9
Registered Member

you mean where I can click to get redirected?
or the site I see them at? I don't think you'd see them there as I'm the one with the hyperlinking?

I'm at these pages (but I can even see the double under lined problem here in my last few posts.)

http://www.writerguy.com/sciencemyst...p3/ep3p08.html

Here are the redirects for
"sleeping bags"

http://www.backcountry.com/store/sub...OVMTC=standard

a second click when trying again on the double underlined sleeping bags gives me this site

http://www.bizrate.com/mkt.xpml?mkt_...OVMTC=standard

They are all over but I just am giving you the site. when I typed in a search for Searchlogic3 it came up as a hyperlinker. I can't remove it from my programs due to previous mentioned info.

Any advice since I know what it is now?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:32 AM   #10
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Bobrocks
Please download Ad-aware SE and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go here to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Then get HijackThis . This program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Run the scan, save the log, but do not fix anything yet. Many files it finds are harmless, and required for your system to operate.

Post your log in a new thread in the HijackThis Log Help forum. This our dedicated spyware/virus forum. One of the expert analysts there will look over your log and assist you. Please include a brief description of the problem you are having and what you have done to fix it so far.