Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Use MS right-click "Send To" for Gmail

This is a discussion on Use MS right-click "Send To" for Gmail within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The Send To button for email defaults to Outlook. Is there are way to configure it for Gmail? I have

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

The Send To button for email defaults to Outlook. Is there are way to configure it for Gmail?

I have found a program that enables a right-click to send a file to my own Gmail account - but nothing else.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #2

You can configure Outlook to run GMail.

Outlook is an e-mail handler; it can run Gmail and any other POP e-mail server. I have it runing my Gmail accounts and it works perfectly.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276

There are two parts; First you configure Outlook Express, then you log on to Gmail and configure it to do POP mail. You have to do both, most people forget to configure their Gmail also.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
Happy to support TSF!

My System

I think there is a registry tweak which can enable this but i've had a quick search and couldn't find it....so here's another option:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...To-GMail.shtml

Hope that helps :)
Old 05-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickster_uk View Post
I think there is a registry tweak which can enable this but i've had a quick search and couldn't find it....so here's another option:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...To-GMail.shtml

Hope that helps :)
Wish you COULD have found/remembered it! The option you gave me is the one I mentioned I already have. It sends the file to MY email account at Gmail - but not to anyone else's--which is what I want to do! But thanks for the idea!
Old 05-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecumseh2k View Post
Wish you COULD have found/remembered it! The option you gave me is the one I mentioned I already have. It sends the file to MY email account at Gmail - but not to anyone else's--which is what I want to do! But thanks for the idea!
Could this be the tweak you meant:

Send a file anywhere. Normally you can right-click any file and select the Send To command to copy the file to a limited number of places such as the Desktop or your My Documents folder. This tweak adds additional commands that let you copy or move a file from one folder to any other folder with this handy right-click menu.

Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ALLFILESYSTEMOBJECTS\SHELLEX
\CONTEXTMENUHANDLERS

Value settings: For this one you need to create two subkeys. Right-click the ContextMenuHandlers folder, choose New, and then choose Key. Name the new key Copy To. Create another key and name it Move To. Click the Copy To key and double-click the default value. Set the value as {C2FBB630-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}. Set the default value for the Move To key as {C2FBB631-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}.

These changes should take effect right away. Right-click a file and you'll see two new commands: Move To Folder and Copy To Folder. Choosing either one brings up a standard navigation window for browsing to any folder on your system. Pick the destination folder to send the file (or a copy of the file) to its new home.