Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

URGENT HELP!

This is a discussion on URGENT HELP! within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. There is a problem with my computer where after time passes by a little, system idle process takes up 99

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

There is a problem with my computer where after time passes by a little, system idle process takes up 99 of the CPU, when typing it doesn't type by instead uses hotkeys that program may have, the mouse wheel does not work and when I try open a folder or start a program, it always instead displays it's properties. Help. Is this normal? Virus? Help me, it's getting annoying.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

hi, if system idle is showing 99 under cpu, that is fine. As regards the rest, check your settings in control panel, mouse. Also, would you be able to borrow a keyboard to see if the problem is still the same?

Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
TSF Articles Team

My System

Holding ALT and double-clicking on a folder or program will automatically open the properties of the specific item. Alt can also refer to shortcuts. So, its possible that the key is registering for some reason on its own.

So, do this :
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiej View Post
Also, would you be able to borrow a keyboard to see if the problem is still the same?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Quote:
system idle process takes up 99 of the CPU
System Idle means exactly that. The CPU is 99% idle. Not doing anything. Which is normal for an idle machine.
As AuntieJ said, try a different Keyboard to see if the problem persists.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Registered Member

BROTHER SYSTEM IDLE PROCESS THE AMOUNT OF CPU NOT BEING USED
ITS NORMAL NOTHING TOO WORRY ABOUT
Old 04-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
Registered Member

Yes I do have another keyboard but you'll have to bare with me as it does happen whenever it wants. The mouse goes crazy when system idle is at 99. Same with the keyboard.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
Registered Member

New. When I play a game and this occurs it stops the mouse from scrolling anywhere as if the screen locked. ( but in a shooter game i can still move. Just cannot aim elsewhere which you know is very annoying and well... kinda makes it unenjoyable at times.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
Registered Member

Here is the replacement.... :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4066630918.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	646.3 KB
ID:	107885  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
TSF Articles Team

My System