Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Unwanted home page keeps coming back

This is a discussion on Unwanted home page keeps coming back within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My OS is Windows XP. My browser is Mozilla Firefox. I went into Firefox options and set my home page

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

My OS is Windows XP. My browser is Mozilla Firefox. I went into Firefox options and set my home page to I Google. Now you would think that the home page should stay the one you want. but mine does not. When i log out of Firefox and then log back in a home page called Fastp2psearch.com becomes my home page. I've tried several ways to get rid of it for good to no avail. Does anyone know how to remove this for good?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

OS: W7 Pro, W7 Ultimate, Vista Ultimate, Windows XP Pro, Linux (Ubuntu)

My System

Send a message via Yahoo to Michael_Larsen

Hi satisfier. Welcome to TSF!

Any chance you use Limewire, Napster, or other P2P software? Sounds like you have a browser hijacker.

Mike

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XP freezes on lauching a program
Hi. Been having a sudden problem with my ageing Dell desktop. It runs XP SP2, and is a little slow and clunky, but does the job: I hadn't had a crash for something like six months before this occurred. I came into the room and found that the machine had restarted itself. I logged in, and waited...
George_H Windows XP Support 24 03-14-2011 11:24 AM
Unwanted Printer Summary Page
:pray:When user prints a word document, a summary page prints for each document giving a description of the document (Filename, Directory, Title etc. How does one turn it off!!:upset: Using Word 2003 and a HP 1510 printer.
Derek Lester Printer Support 2 02-26-2011 11:22 AM
[SOLVED] Browser keeps going back to previous page (Windows 7)
This may be an issue with the Acer One netbook we're using it on, but the problem seems to occur on any browser that's installed on Windows 7 Basic. We have a little girl who likes playing Flash games on her netbook. Unfortunately, in the middle of them, they frequently just hop back to the...
IainPurdie Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 02-21-2011 01:30 PM
[SOLVED] IE keeps hopping back to previous page
This may be an issue with the Acer One netbook we're using it on, but the problem seems to occur only in IE8 that's installed on Windows & Basic. We have a little girl who likes playing Flash games on her netbook. Unfortunately, in the middle of them, they frequently just hop back to the...
IainPurdie Internet Explorer Forum 1 02-16-2011 09:40 AM
IE Explorer Home Page Default
My system administrator in his infinite wisdom has reset my home page to the company newsletter page. He has also somehow locked me out so I cannot change it. Is there any way to change out a locked home page? Thanks, Carl
aintnorock Internet Explorer Forum 1 01-04-2011 12:03 AM